Through its network of dealing rooms and in-house research offices in the Gulf, London and New York, GIB Treasury manages the Bank’s own liquidity and investments, while at the same time serving a sophisticated institutional client base that includes government agencies, financial institutions, large multilateral organisations and regional corporates.
GIB Treasury offers a full spectrum of solutions, ranging from the simple to the innovative. Our Client Solutions Desk is resourced with skilled treasury professionals who assess investor requirements and prepare bespoke solutions, whilst ensuring regular and ongoing follow up and support. These tailored products include Shariah-compliant alternatives such as marabaha placements and deposits, as well as profit rate swaps.
With more than 35 years of experience in delivering a range of complex hedging and investment strategies, GIB prides itself in its efficient and timely execution of deals, constantly evolving its services in response to a dynamic market environment.
- Vanilla interest rate swaps
- Vanilla interest rate options - cap & floors and collar strategies
- Vanilla profit rate swaps
- Dual currency deposits
- Conventional deposits in short, medium, and long-term in a variety of currencies including USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, SAR and other GCC currencies
- Murabaha deposits
- Reverse murabaha
- Vanilla foreign exchange spot transactions - wide range of currencies for spot or future delivery
- FX forwards
- FX options
- Cross currency swaps
- Structured FX Hedging
- Structured commodity hedging – energy, base metals, agriculture “soft” commodities
- Wa’ad based commodity hedging solutions
Investments & Fixed Income
- Highly rated bonds and sukuks, and select externally managed mandates