About GIB Capital
A regional investment banking pioneer, GIB has been active in the GCC capital markets for almost two decades through offices in Riyadh, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. The transactions that we have completed include public offerings, private sales of equity, mergers & acquisitions, debt capital markets issuances (Islamic and conventional), syndications, debt restructurings and strategic advisory. In 2008, GIB established GIB Capital, a fully-owned subsidiary based in Saudi Arabia, as part of its continued commitment to excel among its investment banking peers in the Gulf.
The GIB brand has been associated with some of the most prestigious transactions in the region. GIB was the exclusive financial advisor to Saudi Telecom Company on its US$4.08 billion IPO in 2003, the largest public offering in the history of Saudi capital markets until 2014, when GIB Capital co-advised National Commercial Bank (NCB) on its US$6 billion IPO. The NCB IPO is, as of now, the Middle East’s largest ever public offering, and was also the second largest IPO globally in 2014.
GIB Capital also provides comprehensive debt advisory services. Based on clients' specific requirements, GIB Capital will assist in the development of an appropriate debt strategy to achieve optimal financing solutions by keeping in perspective clients' key funding objectives. Support services include:
- Arranging debt financing: Raising debt finance in accordance to clients’ specific requirements
- Balance sheet restructuring: Work on strengthening clients’ balance sheet to support future growth; address assets/liabilities mismatch; and restructure financial liabilities to match expected cash flows
- Acquisition finance advisory: Support in the merger & acquisition process to achieve the most effective financing structure
- Corporate finance advisory: Provide advice on strategic and transactional objectives, whether buying or selling a business or investment, or seeking funding via debt and equity finance, both privately and via public markets
- Project finance advisory: Provide advice on limited recourse financing options for specific projects with and without sponsors support
On the debt capital markets front, GIB Capital possesses market leading expertise in executing domestic and cross-border bonds, sukuk, hybrid capital and securitisation transactions. GIB Capital’s distribution platform is second to none in the Middle East, with comprehensive coverage of MENA institutional investors (Saudi Arabia in particular), as well as international distribution in the UK, Europe and Asia.
GIB Capital has become a regional bookrunner of choice for sovereign and supranational issuers in the MENA region, ranking as the number one regional bank for MENA sovereign issuances since 2012, and raising US$4.25 billion over three consecutive issuances for the Kingdom of Bahrain, and US$2.75 billion over two issuances for the Islamic Development Bank.
GIB also provides ratings advisory services and award-winning Islamic structuring capabilities, advising corporate customers seeking to raise and restructure Shariah-compliant debt, and actively participating in the sukuk market. We have acted as joint lead manager in numerous trend-setting issues and been engaged in the IPOs of Shariah-compliant entities as both underwriter and lead manager.
For more information on GIB Capital, please visit GIB Capital.